It has been a year since I started writing my monthly roundup of Israeli foodie news which is focused on opening and closings, but sometimes I revisit an old favorite or try a new dish and want to share the joy. So my new project is Debbest Dishes, featuring the best dishes from the past month. As July was a busy month here are my favorite 10 dishes, in no particular order.
- Mushroom Pizza (NIS 52) @La Piedra (Kosher), Jerusalem – I tried it for the first time and I agree that it is the best pizza in Jerusalem.
- Grilled Chicken Livers (NIS 57) @Hayouka Chef (Kosher), Jerusalem – the food is super fresh, with interesting flavors and great service.
- Boneless Chicken Wings (NIS 58) & Take Me to Church cocktail (NIS 49) @Zuta (Kosher), Jerusalem- the chicken wings dish never disappoints and the cocktail made with Gin Mare was great.
- Prime Rib (NIS 285) @Kinor Bakikar (Kosher), Jerusalem – another first time for me and I loved sitting out in the courtyard, with live music and the steak was also delicious.
- Brunch (NIS 120) @Villa Brown (Kosher), Jerusalem – officially my favorite brunch spot in Jerusalem, I love finding excuses to go back.
- Fish Tataki with Cucumber Caviar (NIS 58) @Jacko’s Street (Kosher), Jerusalem – I tried this dish for the first time and all the ingredients worked really well together.
- Parmesan Butter Roasted Fennel (NIS 46) @Anna Italian Cafe (Kosher), Jerusalem – such a simple dish but perfectly cooked and so delicious. The Lemon Tart was also divine.
- Seared Fillet of Grouper (NIS 162) @Claro (Not Kosher), Tel Aviv – I went with family from abroad who loved the food and atmosphere.
- Beef Tartare (NIS 68) @Mamilla Rooftop (Kosher), Jerusalem -my first time trying it here, it was beautifully presented and very well seasoned.
- Moroccan Cigar (NIS 64) @Jacko’s Street (Kosher), Jerusalem – my new favorite starter at Jacko’s, I was lucky enough to eat there twice this month and both times the other guests couldn’t believe how good the cigars were!
Click here to read more Debbest Dishes posts and don’t forget to follow this blog to receive automatic updates.
Categories: Debbest Dishes