There are a number of restaurant ranking guides on the market, but La Liste differs from the rest as it is based on the compilation of the rankings in other of guidebooks and online reviews. The guide ranks the top 1000 global restaurants, giving each one a score out of 100.
Similar to 2019, the 2020 La Liste ranking includes 13 Israeli restaurants, of which three are kosher. Lumina by Meir Adoni (Kosher) in the Carlton Tel Aviv (Kosher) is once again top of the list. The number two position goes to newcomer George and John at The Drisco hotel and position three is Blue Sky by Meir Adoni (Kosher) also in the Carlton Tel Aviv.
In 2020, 13 Israeli restaurants appear in the rankings. As a country, Israel ranks 20 out of 64 countries, with the top three countries being Japan, China and France.
Here is the list of Israeli restaurants featured in La Liste including their rating and 2019 rating in brackets.
- Lumina by Meir Adoni, Carlton Tel Aviv, (Kosher), Tel Aviv – 94.50 (93.25)
- George and John, The Drisco, Tel Aviv – 93.00 (new entry)
- Blue Sky by Meir Adoni, Carlton Tel Aviv, (Kosher), Tel Aviv – 91.50 (88.75)
- OCD TLV, Tel Aviv – 89.50 (83.50)
- Manta Ray, Tel Aviv – 89.50 (83.00)
- La Regence, The King David Hotel, (Kosher), Jerusalem – 86.50 (81.25)
- Mashya, Mendeli Street Hotel, Tel Aviv – 85.00 (82.50)
- Pastel, Tel Aviv – 79.00 (80.50)
- Popina, Tel Aviv – 78.00 (80.50)
- Chakra, Jerusalem – 77.50 (80.25)
- Alena, The Norman, Tel Aviv – 76.50 (new entry)
Although it is always interesting to read the rankings by international directories, I am not sure how Machneyuda is not on the list as in my opinion, it is one of the best restaurants in Israel.
Click here for the full 2020 ranking and last year’s ranking can be viewed here, 13 Israeli Restaurants Rank in the Top 1,000 in the World