Foodie news and reviews on the Israel culinary scene.
I debated whether to write a roundup this month due to the lockdown. But some of the new restaurants are open for delivery and I personally like to have new restaurants to look forward to trying when they finally reopen.
In the meantime, I have been updating my lists on delivery options Kosher Delivery Around Israel and Restaurant Delivery in Jerusalem. If there is another list that would be helpful or you have any updates to these lists, please comment below or post in Restaurant Club Israel.
Here is a list of new restaurants in Israel:
- Happiness In The State of TLV is a delivery only pop-up in Tel Aviv by Chef Meir Adoni. The menu includes a selection of Adoni’s street food and Asian dishes such as salmon sashimi, Tripoli fried fish, fish arais and his grandmother’s meatballs. Delivery on Wolt and Ten Bis.
- Sushi Place (Tzohar) is a new sushi bar on Yoel Solomon in central Jerusalem. They only serve fish, no meat or dairy, for delivery call 077 701 8081.
- Aroi is a Thai meat restaurant in Rishon Le Zion which claims to be kosher without supervision. The menu is online but delivery orders are only by phone, 073 759 0111.
- R2M Group opened a new branch of Bakery on Zina Square next to Dizengoff Square in Tel Aviv.
- Bali Burgers is a new chef burger restaurant in Rehovot which opened in early September for takeaway and delivery only. The burgers are served in a brioche roll with various crusts such as chili, corn, and zhug. The Bali Burgers English menu lists all the burger options. They are still open for delivery.
- Columbus Cafe in Tel Aviv is the first Israeli branch of the French coffee chain.
- Jiro Sushi is a new sushi restaurant on Rothschild in Tel Aviv, from the owners of Japanika. Unlike many sushi restaurants that also offer various Asian fusion dishes, the menu at Jiro consists entirely of sushi and sushi bowls. Delivery via Wolt.
- France’s Maison Kayser bakery opened in the Namal Tel Aviv and includes a bakery, pastry shop, and cafe. The bakery serves 25 types of bread and baguette and is open all week.
- Mela is a vegetarian deli in Tel Aviv. As well as individual menu items, they also offer meal packs with everything you need for either breakfast, lunch or dinner, order online.
- Moses Shop is a new takeaway and delivery restaurant from the Moses burger chain. The first branch is in Hod HaSharon and another branch is due to open after the Chagim. The menu is available online.
- The Dee Bakehouse is a new donut stand in the First Station in Jerusalem. The original branch is in Ramallah. This store is closed during the lockdown.
- Weiss Restaurant is a new brasserie in South Tel Aviv that opened just before the lockdown. Dishes include fish and beef tartare, roasted kohlrabi, shrimp marsala and asado roll.
- Wood Grill Restaurant is a new Farm to Table restaurant by Chef Erez Komarovsky serving Galilean cuisine. The restaurant is on the grounds of the newly renovated Isrotel Mizpe HaYamin Spa Hotel in Rosh Pina. Although the hotel is kosher, the restaurant is not. Here is the Wood Grill English menu.
Categories: Monthly Roundup