News and reviews on the Israel Foodie scene for April.
As tourists start flooding back to Israel, the foodie scene is flourishing, especially with the opening of the various restaurants in The David Kempinski Hotel in Tel Aviv, and the Maree Sky Lounge in the Vert Lagoon Hotel in Netanya. The kosher foodie scene is abuzz with the Jerusalem branch of GG Kubala by the Machneyuda Group becoming kosher. If you are more focused on Pesach and are looking for ideas of where to eat during Chol Hamoed, check out my list of Pesach Restaurants in Israel 2022 which is constantly being updated.
Please let us all know if you try any new restaurants by sharing your feedback on Restaurant Club Israel or Restaurant Club Jerusalem.
Kosher Restaurant News
- El Dali Bar is a Spanish-style cafe and deli by day and bar by night on Allenby in Tel Aviv. The bar hires people who are on the autistic spectrum.
- Kaboom Israel is a krembo shop in Shuk Machane Yehuda with a variety of flavors, fillings, coatings, and sauces. Flavors include vanilla, creme brulee, caramel, coffee, lemon creme brulee, banana creme brulee with hazelnut, raspberry creme brulee, and strawberry creme brulee with candy.
- Maree Sky Lounge is a lounge bar on the 15th floor of the Vert Lagoon Hotel in Netanya. The menu has been created by Chef Aviv Moshe and includes a variety of raw and cooked meat, fish and vegetable dishes. The bar is open on Shabbat with a cold menu.
- Salon Yevani Ashdod is a Greek meat restaurant by Chef Guy Peretz in the West Boutique Ashdod. It is the sister restaurant of Salon Yevani in the West Tel Aviv Hotel, which is a dairy fish restaurant.
- The David Kempinski Hotel has opened and includes a number of new restaurants and bars. The food is overseen by Chef Mor Cohen, former head chef of Herbert Samuel at The Ritz Carlton Herzliya, and caterer Omri Magal. The main restaurant Sereia, serves a contemporary meat Mediterranean menu, with an outside terrace overlooking the beach. Sereia Lounge is a fish-based dairy restaurant with inside and outside space, serving lunch, afternoon tea, dinner, and drinks. The Common is a Whiskey & Cigar Lounge with a focus on steaks and cocktails, a separate cigar room, and an outside terrace. A rooftop Asian restaurant is due to open in the summer.
Not Kosher Restaurant News
- Alef Bet Lechem is an artisanal home bakery in the Shapira neighborhood of Tel Aviv.
- Ahan Thai is a Thai restaurant on Lilenblum in Tel Aviv by Chef Meidad Stabinski. The chef calls it an Isani Grill, serving traditional Thai dishes such as Som Tam Salad, Beef Tom Yum Soup and Sticky Rice with pineapple.
- Amapola Alfajores is a boutique Argentinian bakery, specializing in Alfajores, Argentinian cakes and Matcha tea.
- Avner is a new wine bar located in the gardens of Rutenberg restaurant in Kibbutz Gesher.
- Cafe Nono is a cafe serving specialty coffee, sandwiches, and pastries in Binyamina.
- Greco Ouzeri & Cafe is a Greek tavern, cafe, and bakery in Tel Aviv from the Greco group.
- Mifgash Rambam is a shawarma stand next to Shuk HaCarmel, by the owners of HaBasta. The shawarma is made from lamb and beef and is served with tzatziki and handmade fries.
- Pizzeria is a pizza stall on the corner of Allenby and Rothschild, serving traditional New York-style and Sicilian pizza slices and pies, based on pizza stalls in Brooklyn.
- Raseef 33 is a new restaurant in Downtown Haifa by Chef Hamudi Okala by the same owners as his Akko restaurant, Sama. The menu focuses on Galilean dishes using local ingredients.
- Steakiat HaBokrim is the Tel Aviv branch of the Haifa-based American-style steak restaurant.
Tamuz is a deli in Tel Aviv by the owners of Tony ve Esther and Meshek Melamed.
Other Israel Foodie News
- GG Kubala, the street food restaurant from the Machneyuda Group on Rehov Dekel in Jerusalem is now kosher.
- Chef Eyal Shani has announced that he is opening a branch on Miznon in Soho in London.
- Israeli Chef Gal Ben Moshe, who holds a Michelin star at his restaurant Prism in Berlin, has been appointed the chef of Pastel restaurant in Tel Aviv. He will split his time between Berlin and Tel Aviv.
- Shabour restaurant in Paris from the Machneyuda Group has once again been awarded a Michelin Star.
Drink & Foodie Israel Events
- Gush Etzion Wine & Music Festival, 7 April 2022 – various local wineries, NIS 50.
- Israeli Wine Festival – Gan Hair, Tel Aviv, 7 April 2022 – 25 wineries, NIS 130.
- Sea of Galilee Wine Festival, The Scots Hotel, Tiberias, 8 April 2022.
- Tastes of the World Culinary Festival (Kosher), Jerusalem, 10-14 April 2022.
- Eilat Food Festival, 12-14 April 2022.
- Salute 2022 Wine Festival, First Station Jerusalem, 17-18 April 2022.
- Be’shvil Ha’yhain Wine Festival, Tiberias, May 2022.
Follow Debbest on Facebook, Instagram and subscribe to this newsletter to receive regular updates on the Foodie Israel scene and click here to read previous Foodie Israel monthly roundups.
Categories: Monthly Roundup
Leave a Reply