News and reviews on the Israel Foodie scene for June.
The first half of 2022 has seen a huge amount of activity in the Israeli restaurant scene, and with the summer approaching, things have definitely slowed down. While there might be less restaurant news, there are lots of food and wine festivals coming up. Plus, as far as I am aware, the exact dates of the Jerusalem Wine Festival have not yet been announced!
Please let us all know if you try any new or interesting restaurants by sharing your feedback on Restaurant Club Israel or Restaurant Club Jerusalem.
Kosher Restaurant News
- Le Goûter (Dairy Not Supervised) is a patisserie in Ashdod by Orly Katz.
- Meat Couture is a grilled meat restaurant in the food market in Malcha Mall in Jerusalem.
- Ruben has opened new branches in Jerusalem, on Rehov Yaffo, opposite the shuk and on Rothschild in Tel Aviv.
Not Kosher Restaurant News
- Asado Bar is a South American meat grill restaurant in Kibbutz Alonim in the Lower Galilee by the Roizner family originally from Uraguay.
- Crazy Bunny is a dessert shop in Tel Aviv serving Belgian waffles in the shape of sexual images. This is yet another gimmick that is unlikely to last long!
- Crudo is an Italian restaurant and bar in Haifa by Chef Alaa Musa of Lux and Knafeh de Lux in Haifa. Lux is one of my favorite restaurants in Israel so I am sure Crudo is delicious.
- Mamo is a restaurant in the Stay Hotel Eilat by Chef Ohad Levi who previously worked at Cicchetti and Social Club in Tel Aviv. He was a competitor in Israel’s Next Restaurant and even though he didn’t win the competition he has opened a restaurant focusing on modern Mediterranean cuisine served on small plates intended for sharing.
- Porter House is a steak restaurant in Nof HaGalil by the Hinnawi Group. The kitchen is run by David Almakeys (previously of David and Yossef) and the restaurant includes a deli, a meat aging room, and a Wine & More store.
- Triger is a meat and wine bar on Montefiore Street in Tel Aviv by Sagi Triger and the Coco Group which owns Coco Bambino, Jango, and Fat Cow.
Other Israel Foodie News
- I’m Here Because of My Wife (Ani Po Biglal Ishti) in Jerusalem has closed.
Drink & Foodie Israel Events
- Rosh Pina Wine Festival, 1 – 2 June 2022
- Yavne Beer Festival, 2 June 2022
- Mateh Yehudah Wine Festival, 2 – 25 June 2022 – including the opening event on 2 June which is highly recommended but bad timing if you need to cook for Shavuot.
- Caesaria Wine Festival, 3 June 2022
- Vegan Fest, Sarona Market, 7 – 9 June 2022
- Ashkelon Beer Festival, 8 – 9 June 2022
- White Wine by the Sea, Herzliya Marina, 22 – 23 June 2022 – NIS 89 in advance, NIS 115 on the door.
- Salute 2022 Wine Festival, First Station Jerusalem, 29 – 30 June 2022
- Jerusalem Beer Festival, Gan HaAtzamaut, 21 – 22 July 2022
- Bein HaCramim Festival (Among the Vineyards), Merom HaGalil, 11-18 August 2022 – live concert and wine tastings.
- Cocktail Festival, Herzliya Marina, 17 – 18 August 2022 – NIS 105 in advance, NIS 135 on the door. Tickets include three full cocktails.
Follow Debbest on Facebook, Instagram, and subscribe to this newsletter to receive regular updates on the Foodie Israel scene. Click here to read previous Foodie Israel monthly roundups.
Wishing everyone חג שמח and enjoy the cheesecake!
Categories: Monthly Roundup
Leave a Reply