News from the Israel Food & Wine scene for September.
Summer might officially be over but somebody forgot to tell the weather and the sun is still blazing hot. We have three weeks until the chagim start, the perfect time to get out and enjoy some more summer dining. There is lots of fun Israeli foodie news this month from all over the country. Kosher openings include a second branch of Pitmaster in the Jezreel Valley, a new meat grill restaurant in the Sheraton Tel Aviv hotel, and 4 Sea in Herzliya Pituach is now kosher. Other news includes a chef restaurant in a historic building in Carmel with views of the Haifa Bay and a new culinary complex in Nahalat Binyamin called AKA44.
Wishing you all Shana Tova!
Kosher Restaurant News
- Balkana is a Balkan meat restaurant in The Courtyard complex in Pardes Hanna.
- George & Brothers is an American Bistro in Tel Aviv with French owners, serving nachos, chicken wings, hot dogs and more.
- Hederochel is a ready-made food delicatessen in Kibbutz Givat Hayim open on Thursdays and Fridays.
- L’art Du Pain is a French cafe and bakery in Raanana, serving traditional French pastries, baguettes, pizza and salads.
- Pitmaster carnivore culinary show has opened a second restaurant in Hotzot Alonim Mall in the Jezreel Valley. The original restaurant in Petach Tikva is booked months in advance so it is exciting there is a second branch.
- Segev Bar & Lounge is a lounge bar in Petach Tikva by Chef Moshe Segev, next to his other restaurant Nihon no-ba.
- Surfside Seaview Restaurant is a classic meat grill restaurant in the main dining room of the Sheraton Tel Aviv Hotel, run by Chef Yehuda Amar, winner of Master Chef Israel 2018.
- Tzidkiyahu Delicatessen Food Market has opened on Rehov Ha-Rav Shmuel Baruch near the shuk in Jerusalem. As well as the normal delicatessen food, this branch also includes a cafe.
Not Kosher Restaurant News
- AKA44 is a restaurant, cocktail, and wine bar, in Nahalat Binyamin in Tel Aviv on 2 floors with outdoor seating. Each space has a different menu
- Del Mar is a chef restaurant in a historic building in Carmel in Haifa with stunning views of Haifa Bay. The restaurant is run by Chef Ido Malkin who previously worked for Chefs Meir Adoni and Moshik Roth and the menu focuses on fish and seafood.
- Knockout Smashop is a burger restaurant in Haifa, serving smash burgers, fried chicken, and American desserts such as Rocky Road and Smores cookies.
- Meltzer Beer House in Rishon Le Zion serves 140 types of beer and Italian food by chef Franco Amiretti.
- Meze is a Greek restaurant in Nahariya owned by the Schwartz brothers who have worked in the restaurant industry for many years.
Other Israel Foodie News
- 4 Sea sushi bar and restaurant next to the Daniel Hotel in Herzliya Pituach is now kosher.
- Babka Bakery has opened a new branch in Herzliya, serving their signature Babka and focaccia and pizza.
- Dvora by Eyal Shani (Kosher) in the Dbrah Brown Hotel is now open for lunch as well as dinner.
- Fika (Tzohar) Swedish bakery has opened a new branch in the Florentine Quartet building in Tel Aviv.
- Manara (Kosher) restaurant in the Sheraton Tel Aviv Hotel will soon be opening for lunch.
- Pekin Chinese restaurant in Tel Aviv has closed after over 40 years of business.
- Penguin restaurant in Nahariya has announced that it will close at the end of the year after 80 years in business. It is one of the oldest restaurants in Israel and is closing as the building is being developed.
- Yogo’s (Kosher) ice cream parlour from Southern Israel, has opened a branch in Tel Aviv. Specials include vegan yogurt and mini Greek donuts.
Drink & Foodie Israel Events
- 20 Days by American Express is an international concept pop-up restaurant in Yaffo by Spanish Chef Oliver Peña and Israeli Chef Or Ginsberg. The restaurant is open from 2 – 24 September 2022.
Categories: Monthly Roundup