News from the Israel Foodie scene for November.
Winter has arrived and in many parts of Israel, it is too cold to eat outside unless you are under a good heater. Luckily the Israel Foodie scene is showing no signs of cooling down with plenty of new restaurants to check out. Sushi Bar Bazel is now kosher and has moved to the Prima City hotel. The Greco group has opened another branch in Hod Hasharon. Lumpur is a new Asian restaurant in Tel Aviv and Jerusalemites are excited by the return of a kosher Indian restaurant in the city center.
Hanukah might still be a few weeks away but sufganiyot are already on sale in a few bakeries so here is my Sufganiyot guide from last year to help you to choose where to indulge, Jerusalem Sufganiyot Guide Hanukah 2021.
Kosher Restaurant News
- Amiri Bistro is a Mediterranean bistro in Emek Hefer Industrial Park open for lunch and dinner.
- Amit Barkat Patisserie has opened a branch in Sarona Market in Tel Aviv. The Jerusalem-based patisserie sells gluten-free cakes, biscuits, and desserts.
- Beirut Nights is a cafe in Ariel which is now kosher. The cafe serves burekas, jachnun, knafe, waffles, sandwiches, hummus, and more.
- Cafe Luda is a cafe in Lod employing at-risk girls from the Merhav Halev project.
- Fatish is a dessert shop in Holon serving a variety of sweet pastries, cakes, and cookies, along with some salads.
- Feingold Bakery has opened a new branch in Shuk Machane Yehuda.
- HaBurrlia is a specialty dessert cafe in Kfar Saba specializing in various flavors and toppings of creme brulee with dairy, parev, vegan, gluten-free, and sugar-free options. They also sell a DIY home kit.
- Echikidana is a dairy Indian restaurant on Hillel Street in Jerusalem. The same restaurant used to be in Shuk Machane Yehuda but closed a number of years ago.
- Kyoto Nei is a sushi and Asian fusion restaurant in Rishon Le Zion. It is the first kosher branch of the Kyoto chain.
- Leaven Patisserie (Tzohar) is a patisserie and boulangerie in Karkur.
- Lola (Mehadrin) is a dairy Italian restaurant on the beach promenade in Ashdod.
- Margo (Tzohar) is a dairy restaurant and wine bar in the Stay Inn Hotel in central Jerusalem.
- Popolo pizza restaurant has opened a branch in Petach Tikva.
- Racheli Ver Nir Pastry Shop has reopened in Jerusalem on Yafo near the Shuk.
- Solo Carne is a meat restaurant in Bnei Barak by Chef De Zipori. The menu includes a selection of grilled meat sandwiches and bowls, including sloppy joe, pulled beef, and lachuch arais.
- Sushi Bar Bazel is a popular sushi and Asian restaurant in Tel Aviv which was located on Frishman for many years and is now kosher and in the lobby of the Prima City Hotel on Mapu Street.
- Titi Martin is a meat bar and restaurant in Rishon LeZion serving cocktails with burgers, pizza with vegan cheese, caesar salad, and other bar food.
Not Kosher Restaurant News
- Dinner is a bar and lounge restaurant in the Nachalat Binyamin area of Tel Aviv.
- Greco Taverna is a Greek restaurant in Hod HaSharon from the Greco group.
- Hamramorut is a jazz and tapas bar by Chefs Shadi Isavi and Ilan Peron and is the little sister of Talpiot restaurant in Haifa. The bar has limited seating and the menu offers a selection of small dishes to accompany the drinks.
- Little Wine Bar is a wine bar in Karkur with inside and outdoor seating. The menu includes a selection of cheeses, charcuterie, and bruschetta.
- Lumpur is an Asian restaurant on King George in Tel Aviv where Hanoi used to be. It is run by some of the former owners of Hanoi, along with Chef Eyal Shani. The menu includes Vietnamese, Chinese, Indian, and Malaysian dishes.
- Pâte & Puff is a cafe delicatessen in Masrik Square in Tel Aviv. All the pastries are made on-site and the kitchen is visible from the store.
- Rumiyah is a wine bar in Carmel Market with food from Idan Feinberg of Panda Pita.
Other Israel Foodie News
- 416 vegan restaurant has opened as a pop-up in TLV Fashion mall after the nearby restaurant burnt down. The new restaurant serves brunch, including vegan eggs benedict.
- Anna Bakery in Modi’in is now kosher.
- Chef Meir Adoni has announced that he plans to open a kosher dairy restaurant in Singapore in December 2022 called Aniba along with Chef Ido Zarmi. He will also open a kosher restaurant in a boutique hotel Paphos in Cyrpus called Saba.
- Chef Naifa Mulla will finally be opening her own restaurant, Naifa. The Druze chef was previously at L28 and Yaffo Tel Aviv.
- DNA TLV, the food truck complex on the ground floor of the Azrieli Center, is now kosher. The central bar has 120 seats, and food can be ordered from any of the four food trucks. The site is supervised by Chef Yossi Shitrit.
- Fat Vinny American Italian diner has opened a new branch in Karmiel.
- Rothschild 48 Hotel and Garden is a new hotel and restaurant from the R2M Hospitality Group, Bakery, Coffeebar, and Hotel Montefiore owners.
Drink & Foodie Israel Events
- Israeli Cuisine Festival, 20-30 November 2022
- Terravino, 15 December 2022
- Western Galilee Winter Festival, 15-17 December 2022 – includes festive meals, tours, and tastings.
- Sommelier, 14-15 February 2023
Categories: Monthly Roundup