News from the Israel Foodie scene for December.
As 2022 comes to an end, here is the last Israel Foodie update of the year. Kosher news this month includes a restaurant in the Golan by Chef Yonatan Roshfeld, a steak house on Rothschild in Tel Aviv, and a Japanese restaurant and fish shop in Rosh Pina. Non-Kosher news includes a farm-to-table restaurant on Kibbutz Moran, a cafe in The Backstage Hotel, and a wine and cocktail bar in the lobby of the Ultra Hotel, both in Tel Aviv.
If you are traveling around Israel, please let us know if you try any new or exciting restaurants by sharing your feedback on Restaurant Club Israel or Restaurant Club Jerusalem.
Wishing you all a Happy New Year!
Kosher Restaurant News
- Itta is a dairy cafe in Ein Karem. The cafe is part of the Tirosh Association which seeks to empower young women from difficult backgrounds.
- Koji is a Japanese restaurant and fish shop in Rosh Pina. The menu includes a variety of sushi, along with bao buns, gyoza, and ramen.
- Madame Brioche (Mehadrin) is a French cafe on Moshav Yaara in Upper Galilee.
- Miss & Mr is a meat restaurant and cocktail bar in Kikar HaMuscia in Jerusalem. Here is the menu in Hebrew.
- Roshfeld is a restaurant by Chef Yonatan Roshfeld in the Panda Hotel in Neve Ativ in the Golan, close to Mount Hermon. The menu uses local ingredients with a focus on local meat and fish.
- Rothschild 11 is a steak restaurant in central Tel Aviv with a variety of steaks, as well as burgers, lamb chops, oxtail stew, and other dishes.
- Shakshuka Machane Yehuda (Mehadrin) is a shakshuka restaurant in Shuk Machane Yehuda serving a variety of shakshuka, including classic, eggplant, pizza flavor, spinach, and cream spinach & feta. Delivery is available on Wolt.
- Zoko by Izidor Segal has opened a new takeaway branch in Petach Tikva.
Not Kosher Restaurant News
- Double Zero is the first Israeli branch of the US plant-based vegan pizza chain.
- Moran Slow Dining is a farm-to-table restaurant by Chef Nitai Yahalom focusing on local organic ingredients and Arab Galilean cuisine. The restaurant is in Slow Ness boutique hotel on Kibbutz Moran in Lower Galilee.
- Rehab is a wine bar and shop in Levinsky Market in Tel Aviv.
- The Backstage Cafe is a cafe in The Backstage Hotel in central Tel Aviv. The hotel houses a theater, and brunch at the cafe includes cabaret and theater performances.
- Upperitivo is a wine and cocktail bar in the lobby of Ultra Hotel in Tel Aviv.
Other Israel Foodie News
- Barbunya, HaLev HaRahav, and Mamaia restaurants in Tel Aviv are all closing due to construction projects at their current locations. They have all chosen not to relocate.
- Chef Eyal Shani has opened another branch of North Miznon, at the DoubleTree by Hilton Jumeirah Beach in Dubai.
- The MachneYuda Group has opened a restaurant and cocktail bar in Berlin called Berta.
Drink & Foodie Israel Events
- Caesaria Wine Festival, 19 January 2023 – NIS 135
- Festival Of Tastes In The Valleys, 1-11 February 2023
- Sommelier, 14-15 February 2023
- La Liste 2023 – 10 of the World’s Best Restaurants are in Israel
- The Best Jerusalem Sufganiyot Hanukah 2022
- A Guide to Arab and Israeli Food and Culinary Terms
- A Guide to the Best Restaurants and Best Street Food in Jerusalem
Follow Debbest on Facebook, and Instagram, and subscribe to this newsletter to receive regular updates on the Israel Food scene. Click here to read previous Foodie Israel monthly roundups.
Categories: Monthly Roundup
Happy New Year!
I had Shakshuka for lunch at Shakshuka Machane Yehuda (Mehadrin).