News from the Israel Foodie scene for December.
As 2022 comes to an end, here is the last Israel Foodie update of the year. Kosher news this month includes a restaurant in the Golan by Chef Yonatan Roshfeld, a steak house on Rothschild in Tel Aviv, and a Japanese restaurant and fish shop in Rosh Pina. Non-Kosher news includes a farm-to-table restaurant on Kibbutz Moran, a cafe in The Backstage Hotel, and a wine and cocktail bar in the lobby of the Ultra Hotel, both in Tel Aviv.
Wishing you all a Happy New Year!
Kosher Restaurant News
- Itta is a dairy cafe in Ein Karem. The cafe is part of the Tirosh Association which seeks to empower young women from difficult backgrounds.
- Koji is a Japanese restaurant and fish shop in Rosh Pina. The menu includes a variety of sushi, along with bao buns, gyoza, and ramen.
- Madame Brioche (Mehadrin) is a French cafe on Moshav Yaara in Upper Galilee.
- Miss & Mr is a meat restaurant and cocktail bar in Kikar HaMuscia in Jerusalem. Here is the menu in Hebrew.
- Roshfeld is a restaurant by Chef Yonatan Roshfeld in the Panda Hotel in Neve Ativ in the Golan, close to Mount Hermon. The menu uses local ingredients with a focus on local meat and fish.
- Rothschild 11 is a steak restaurant in central Tel Aviv with a variety of steaks, as well as burgers, lamb chops, oxtail stew, and other dishes.
- Shakshuka Machane Yehuda (Mehadrin) is a shakshuka restaurant in Shuk Machane Yehuda serving a variety of shakshuka, including classic, eggplant, pizza flavor, spinach, and cream spinach & feta. Delivery is available on Wolt.
- Zoko by Izidor Segal has opened a new takeaway branch in Petach Tikva.
Not Kosher Restaurant News
- Double Zero is the first Israeli branch of the US plant-based vegan pizza chain.
- Moran Slow Dining is a farm-to-table restaurant by Chef Nitai Yahalom focusing on local organic ingredients and Arab Galilean cuisine. The restaurant is in Slow Ness boutique hotel on Kibbutz Moran in Lower Galilee.
- Rehab is a wine bar and shop in Levinsky Market in Tel Aviv.
- The Backstage Cafe is a cafe in The Backstage Hotel in central Tel Aviv. The hotel houses a theater, and brunch at the cafe includes cabaret and theater performances.
Other Israel Foodie News
- Barbunya, HaLev HaRahav, and Mamaia restaurants in Tel Aviv are all closing due to construction projects at their current locations. They have all chosen not to relocate.
- Chef Eyal Shani has opened another branch of North Miznon, at the DoubleTree by Hilton Jumeirah Beach in Dubai.
- The MachneYuda Group has opened a restaurant and cocktail bar in Berlin called Berta.
Drink & Foodie Israel Events
- Caesaria Wine Festival, 19 January 2023 – NIS 135
- Festival Of Tastes In The Valleys, 1-11 February 2023
- Sommelier, 14-15 February 2023
- La Liste 2023 – 10 of the World’s Best Restaurants are in Israel
- The Best Jerusalem Sufganiyot Hanukah 2022
- A Guide to Arab and Israeli Food and Culinary Terms
- A Guide to the Best Restaurants and Best Street Food in Jerusalem
Categories: Monthly Roundup