News from the Israel Foodie scene for February.
This month’s Israel foodie news has a clear trend – Israel is obsessed with pastries. It has always been easy to find Israeli pastries such as babka, rugelach, and poppy seed cake, but now authentic European bakeries are opening all over Israel. As well as the abundances of bakeries, new openings this month include a kosher dairy restaurant in Ein Karem village in Jerusalem and a sister restaurant to Fu Sushi in Hod Hasharon.
Kosher Restaurant News
- Amalia Bakery is a cafe in Ramat Yishai that opened a few months ago and is now kosher. The bakery sells individual babkas in cinnamon, chocolate, or pistachio flavor, as well as many other sweet and savory pastries.
- Dia (Tzohar) is a dairy cafe, bakery, and deli in Mevasseret Zion.
- Eran Shvartzbard (Tzohar) is a bakery and cafe in Sarona Market.
- Harim is a bakery in Kiryat Anavim from the owners of Derech HaGefen, Naya, Cafe Shalva, and Pop Up Cafe.
- Hatzar Ein Karem is a spacious dairy restaurant in Ein Karem, with a private event space.
- Lupin is a French patisserie and chocolaterie in Kiryat Yam.
- Maria Angela is an Italian restaurant in Tel Mond.
Not Kosher Restaurant News
- Bona Bono is an ice cream parlor in Florentine in Tel Aviv. Flavors include carrot cake, pistachio ricotta, brown butter, salted pecan, and Lotus cheesecake.
- Cafe Cantina is a new cafe next to Cantina on Sderot Rothschild in central Tel Aviv.
- L’Epoque by Robuchon in the Elkonin Tel Aviv Hotel in Neve Tzedek, is Chef Joel Robuchon’s first restaurant. The menu includes some of the Michelin-starred chef’s signature dishes, such as foie gras hamburger, buttery mashed potatoes, and crispy poached egg with local caviar.
- Nay-lon is an Asian restaurant in Hod HaSharon from the owners of Fu Sushi. I love the food at Fu, so I am sure it is delicious!
- Primo By Silo is an Italian bar and restaurant in Holon, from the owners of Silo Meditaliano.
- Rouge 21 is a bar serving wine, cocktails, and bar food, from the owners of Triger, Fat Cow, and Jango.
- Sunflour Bakery is a bakery in Bat Galim in Haifa located in an abandoned building from 1923.
- Taste of Colombia is a Colombian restaurant on Ben Yehuda Street in Tel Aviv. Dishes include sancocho, empanada, arepa, patacon, seafood pasta, arroz con leche, and more.
Other Israel Foodie News
- Alon Shabo has opened another pastry store on Shenkin Street in Tel Aviv.
- Couronne Patisserie in Kibbutz Lohamei HaGeta’ot near Nahariya is now kosher.
- Roladin has opened a cafe in London called Donutelier by Roladin selling a selection of donuts all year long.
- Galipette Food Truck is an authentic buckwheat crepe truck and is now based at The Train Theater in Liberty Bell Park in Jerusalem.
- Mattarello cafe and bakery in Ein Zivan in the Golan has reopened after major renovations.
- Chef Eyal Shani has opened Miznon in The Venetian in Las Vegas, HaSalon in Paris, and is due to open a branch in Toronto soon.
- O’Sullivan’s Irish pub in Modi’in is now kosher and closed on Shabbat.
- Yala Knafeh in Tel Aviv is now kosher.
- Yama is a fish shop and delicatessen by Chef Yuval Ben Neria of ‘a’.
Drink & Foodie Israel Events
- Festival Of Tastes In The Valleys, 1-11 February 2023
- Sommelier, Heichal Hatarbut, Tel Aviv, 14-15 February 2023
- Judea, Samaria and Benjamin Wine Festival, Ariel University, 22-23 March 2023
- Best Restaurant in Israel Awarded to George and John
- Israel Restaurant Openings Roundup 2022
- Israel Foodie Roundup December 2022
Categories: Monthly Roundup