News from the Israel Foodie scene for June.
Summer has started and the Israel foodie festival season is in full swing. This update includes a lot of news as I was traveling so I skipped a month.
Israel foodie news highlights this month include the opening of the King David Jerusalem‘s New York Steakhouse – The Grill Room, the opening of the Greco group‘s first kosher branch in Tel Aviv, a branch in Kiryat Ono, and a pizza takeaway on Frishman Beach. In other news, Olé by celebrity chef Oren Asido is now kosher, and Pop & Pope started serving a business lunch, both in Tel Aviv.
Kosher Restaurant News
- Altamira Rooftop Bar is a restaurant and bar on the roof of the Sofia Hotel overlooking the Kinneret in Tiveria. The menu has local Galilean influences.
- Barbara Cafe is a cafe in Shuk Machane Yehuda serving coffee, breakfast, and other food.
- CB 78 is a dairy and fish rooftop bar and restaurant on Herbert Samuel Street in Tel Aviv. The happy hour is available 6-8 pm and is 30% off the food and drink menu.
- Fat Guy is a burger restaurant in Ashdod.
- Galilee Table is a traditional Galilean Arab restaurant in the Prima Galil in Tiveria that is only open on Thursday nights.
- Greco Kosher is the Greco group‘s first kosher restaurant, located next to Greco Taverna in Ezorei Chen in Tel Aviv. This is the group’s eighth restaurant in total.
- Marzipan bakery from Jerusalem has officially opened a stall in Shuk HaCarmel selling a variety of products, including their famous rugelach.
- Positano is a dairy Italian restaurant in Beit Weiss on Herzl Street in Tel Aviv, where Weiss restaurant used to be. They serve a business lunch for NIS 79 or NIS 95.
- Rani is a family-run dairy restaurant in The First Station in Jerusalem, serving home-style dishes with a focus on Tripolitan food.
- Romi (Mehadrin) is a pizza restaurant in Talpiot in Jerusalem, originally from Modi’in.
- The Grill Room is a New York steakhouse in the King David Jerusalem Hotel, by the Imperial Group, who are known for their cocktails.
Not Kosher Restaurant News
- AV Room is a rooftop bar and restaurant in the Ashdod Marina, overlooking the sea. It is not kosher but there is no seafood on the menu and the restaurant is closed on Friday night.
- Beina is a bistro bar in Tel Aviv.
- Blend Rooftop is a restaurant on the rooftop of The Blend Hotel in Nazareth, serving contemporary Galilean cuisine by chef Rami Salam (Rasif, Tishreen) and cocktails.
- Cafe Napo is an Italian restaurant in Kiryat Ono by Chef Shahar Barnea, a sister restaurant to Bar Italia and Pomo.
- Greco Taverna is a new branch of the Greco group in Kiryat Uno and Greco Pizza is the group’s pizza restaurant on the Frishman Beach promenade.
- King Kong Asian Diner has opened another branch in Karmiel.
- Mozambique is a bar in Nahalat Binyamin in Tel Aviv.
- Paris Texas is a burger restaurant in Tel Aviv with the tagline, farm to table, nose to tail.
Other Israeli Foodie News
- Armmonim kosher meat restaurant in Dream Island Spa resort has reopened to the public. I ate there a few years ago and the food was excellent.
- Baba is a beach bar and restaurant in the Cap D’Antibes Beach Hotel in the South of France, run by Chef Assaf Granit and the Machneyuda group.
- Hamotzi restaurant in Jerusalem is now under Badazt Beit Yosef supervision.
- Olé in Tel Aviv, by celebrity Chef Oren Asido, is now kosher.
- Pnina Pie bakery in Ashdod is now under Tzohar’s supervision.
- Pop & Pope in Tel Aviv now serves a business lunch where the starter is included in the price of the main course.
- Sea One Beach is a new complex by the beach in Rishon LeZion, which includes BurgerStation 23, Furman’s Pizza, Hey Cookie, Joya, Knafeh Al Jamila, McDonald’s, Otello ice cream, rebar, Roladin, and Social Club.
- Shake Shack hamburger chain will open its first branch on the corner of Dizengoff and Tschernihovsky Streets in Tel Aviv.
- The Terrace bar at the Waldorf Astoria Hotel has reopened for the summer.
Tel Aviv Restaurant Closings
- Fifi’s Asian Food in Levinsky Market will close at the end of August.
- Zalmaniko restaurant in Yaffo, by Zalman butcher has closed.
Israeli Drink & Foodie Events
- Mateh Yehudah Wine Festival, 1-30 June 2023.
- 20 Days by American Express is a pop-up concept restaurant in NYX Hotel Tel Aviv, 8-30 June 2023.
- White Wine by the Sea, Herzliya Marina, 14-15 June 2023 – NIS 99 in advance, NIS 120 on the door.
- Vegan Fest, Ganey Yehoshua, Tel Aviv, 21-22 June 2023.
- Herzliya Beer Festival, Park Herzliya, 28-29 June 2023
- Bein HaCramim Festival (Among the Vineyards), Merom HaGalil, 3-14 August 2023.
- Cocktail Festival, Herzliya Marina, 16 – 17 August 2023 – NIS 93 in advance, NIS 105 on the door. Tickets include three full cocktails.
- Coffee Fest, Tel Aviv, 5-7 September 2023.
- Terravino, 7 December 2023.
- Sommelier, Hechal HaTarbut Tel Aviv, 19-20 February 2024.
Categories: Monthly Roundup