A Summary of the Israel Kosher Beach Restaurants and Sea View Restaurants.
Finding a Kosher beach restaurant in Israel used to be very challenging but in recent years more kosher beach restaurants have opened along the coast. However, most of these restaurants are located on the beach promenade or overlooking the sea and not on the sand itself. Beaches in Israel are the busiest over the weekends, especially on Shabbat which is why the official beach restaurants with full beach service, are all non-kosher. While it is still not possible to enjoy a kosher restaurant relaxing on a sun lounger with sand in your feet, there are still many options of restaurants near the beach, with spectacular beach views.
As always, I will do my best to keep these posts updated, please be aware that things can change, and I would appreciate your input if any place has closed or changed.
Here is a summary of the kosher beach and sea view restaurants around Israel:
Southern Israel Kosher Beach Restaurants
This list does not include the Dead Sea or Eilat. The Dead Sea has mostly hotel restaurants that are kosher. In Eilat, there are numerous hotels on the beach and the promenade, and they are constantly changing.
- Aladin (Ashdod) focuses on fresh fish and Mediterranean flavors, with some dairy pasta dishes.
- Cafe Gan Sipur (Ashdod) is a family-friendly cafe in Ashdod Yam Park, next to the beach.
- Derby Bar (Badatz, Ashkelon) serves a variety of grilled fish and meat.
- Dunya (Ashkelon) is a high-end street food restaurant overlooking the Marina with a party atmosphere.
- Gatos (Ashkelon) is a dairy Italian restaurant in the Marina serving a variety of breakfast options, salads, pasta and fish.
- Joya (Ashkelon) is an Asian restaurant with cooked food and sushi in the Marina.
- Julya (Ashdod) is a cafe opposite the beach with a dairy menu.
- Kaiyfuye (Ashdod) is a dairy Georgian restaurant on the beach promenade specializing in traditional cheesy pastries, salads, and fish.
- Kakao (Badatz Beit Yosef) in the Marina is a simple dairy cafe.
- Landwer Cafe (Kosher) in the Marina is a branch of the popular cafe chain.
- Le Frenchy (Mehadrin, Ashkelon) is a French dairy and fish cafe in the Ashkelon Marina. The cafe is located on the second floor of the mall with a shaded balcony overlooking the Marina. It is open for dinner and Friday brunch.
- Namaste (Ashdod) is an Indian restaurant overlooking the beach in Ashdod.
- Nisso Hadayag (Ashkelon) in the Marina is a grilled fish and meat restaurant with a spacious outdoor area.
- Pescado (Ashdod) is one of the best fish restaurants in the country and is located opposite the beach. Here is a full review.
- Rashel (Ashkelon) is a Morrocan meat restaurant in the Marina.
Tel Aviv Area Kosher Sea View Restaurants
- Cafe Cafe (Bat Yam, Mehadrin) is an average chain restaurant on the Bat Yam promenade.
- Castello is an Italian restaurant in Namal Tel Aviv.
- Darya is a new restaurant in the Hilton Tel Aviv (replacing Chloelys) by Chef Hillel Tavakuli of Animar. The menu is described as modern silk road cuisine, a fusion of the Far East and Mediterranean food. The restaurant includes a private room for up to 30 people overlooking the sea. The restaurant has a wonderful view of the sun setting over the sea.
- Lechem Basar (Badatz Machpud) in Namal Tel Aviv focuses on grilled meats and caters to an Ultra-Orthodox clientele.
- Manara is a Levantine-style dairy fish restaurant in the Sheraton Tel Aviv hotel, by Chef Nimrod Hadas and the TYO group. The menu is divided into Island, Land, and Sea dishes.
- Meat Kitchen was previously one of my favorite kosher meat restaurants in Tel Aviv before it relocated to the Namal. I was very disappointed by the ambiance and service at the new location. Only the conservatory has a view of the water.
- Oshi Oshi (Badatz Beit Yosef) is one of Israel’s more reliable sushi chains and has an interesting variety of sushi dishes to choose from.
- Pundak Benny (Bat Yam, Badatz Beit Yosef) is a grill restaurant opposite the beach.
- Rashel from Ashkelon Marina opened a branch in Namal Tel Aviv. The lounge bar and restaurant has a Moroccan-themed menu.
- Seiko (Bat Yam, Badatz Beit Yosef) is an Asian wok and sushi restaurant opposite the beach.
- Sereia is a fish-based dairy restaurant in The David Kempinski hotel in Tel Aviv, with an outside terrace overlooking the beach.
- Surfside Seaview Restaurant is a classic meat grill restaurant in the main dining room of the Sheraton Tel Aviv Hotel, run by Chef Yehuda Amar, winner of Master Chef Israel 2018.
- West Side at the Royal Beach Tel Aviv hotel has some of the best food and service in Tel Aviv. There is a small terrace outside the restaurant opposite the beach.
Central Israel Kosher Beach & Sea View Restaurants
- 4 Sea (Herzliya Pituach) is a sushi bar and restaurant next to the Daniel Hotel with a varied fish and sushi menu.
- Aresto (Badatz Beit Yosef) is a dairy restaurant in the Caesarea Port that includes a taboon pizza oven.
- Bistro 56 (Herzliya Pituach) is a meat restaurant on the first floor of the Arena Mall, overlooking the Marina. Check out the Bistro 56 English menu.
- Cafe Cafe (Mehadrin, Herzliya Pituach) is a simple dairy cafe chain, overlooking the Herzliya Marina.
- Cafe Cafe (Netanya) is a dairy chain cafe restaurant on Sironit Beach.
- Chubby’s (Netanya) is an American Diner in the Island View Complex.
- Fresh Kitchen (Badatz Beit Yosef, Herzliya Pituach) is a cafe chain with a branch in the Marina, overlooking the boats.
- Greg Cafe (Mehadrin, Netanya) is a dairy chain cafe directly on Sironit Beach with a large, covered terrace on a platform on the beach.
- Hayekev (Badatz, Netanya) is an Italian-style dairy restaurant with a large outside terrace on the promenade overlooking the sea.
- Herbert Samuel (Herzliya Pituach) in the Ritz Carlton Herzliya is a chef restaurant overlooking the Marina. Although it is a meat restaurant, the fish and vegetarian dishes are also delicious. I have eaten there many times and the food was always delicious.
- Lechem Basar (Badatz Machpud, Herzliya Pituach) is a meat grill restaurant in the Marina catering to the Ultra-Orthodox Jewish community.
- Marrakesh (Netanya) is a Moroccan restaurant on the promenade serving traditional Moroccan dishes.
- Papagaio (Mehadrin, Herzliya Pituach) is a Brazilian-table style restaurant with an unlimited meat tasting menu and a normal a la carte menu with a variety of grilled meat dishes.
- Port Cafe in the Caesarea Port serves breakfast daily until midday, followed by a varied lunch and dinner Mediterranean menu which includes small tapas dishes, salads, grilled fish and meat, and taboon baked dishes.
- Red Bar (Netanya) is a burger and grilled meat restaurant in the park overlooking the sea.
- Ruben (Netanya) is a burger and smoked meat restaurant on Sironit beach in North Netanya.
- The Crusaders / Hatzalbanim (Caesarea) is a grilled fish and meat restaurant overlooking the sea in the Caesarea Port. It is open for lunch and dinner.
- Yammos (Netanya) is a Greek-style fish and meat restaurant on Sironit beach in North Netanya
North Israel Kosher Sea View Restaurants
- Columbus Burger (Akko) is an American-Style burger restaurant on the promenade opposite the sea.
- Decks (Kinneret) is located on the Sea of Galilee (Kinneret) Lido and serves roasted and grilled meat and fish.
- Ein Gev Fish Restaurant (Kinneret) is a fish restaurant with a spacious veranda overlooking the lake and the Ein Gev fishing harbor. There is also the option to take a fishing cruise or spend the day as a fisherman and catch the fish before you eat it.
- HaMezhaa (Mehadrin) is a dairy and fish restaurant on the Tiveria promenade, with indoor and outdoor seating. The restaurant is available for events for up to 150 people.
- HaTzuk (Rosh Hanikra) is located on the edge of the cliff on the border of Israel and Lebanon, next to the entrance to the Rosh Hanikra cable car. Sitting on the outer deck feels like you are suspended over the sea. The menu includes grilled meat, fish and vegetarian dishes.
- Iskandar (Galil) is a meat restaurant next to the Jordan River, attached to a water sports club that includes white water rafting, kayaking, paintballing, and other activities near Kibbutz Gadot in the Upper Galilee.
- Lotte by Assaf Granit (Tiveria) is a beautiful chef restaurant in the Galei Kinneret Hotel. The restaurant has a terrace directly overlooking the Kinneret.
- Misadag (Haifa) is a fish restaurant with a traditional mezze of salads on the Bat Galim Promenade.
- Morgenfeld (Achziv Beach) is a South American steak house overlooking Achziv Beach. The restaurant has a large outdoor plaza with palm trees and beautiful views of the sea.
- Mul Hayam (Nahariya) is a grilled meat and fish restaurant on the promenade opposite the sea, between Sokolov and Galei Galil Beach.
- Ram Restaurant (Akko) is the sister restaurant of the main Ram restaurant in Bustan Hagalil serving home-cooked meat dishes and pre-prepared food. The restaurant is located on Akko beach, south of the Old City.
- Shaltieli (Haifa) is located on the first floor of a beachside building, overlooking the sea, with both indoor and outdoor seating. The meat restaurant is open all day and has some interesting menu options such as chorizo shakshuka, chicken salad, and chicken pad Thai. The restaurant also serves sandwiches, tortillas, grilled meat and fish, and sharing platters, as well as a variety of vegan options and vegan cheese served with some meat dishes.
- Tosha Bakery and Cafe is a dairy cafe in Achziv near Rosh Hanikrah, overlooking the beach.
For information on all the beach restaurants around Israel, check out a full post on Israel Beach Restaurants and Sea View Restaurants.
I hope that this post helps provide ideas of where to eat on the beaches, ports and marinas around Israel. Please comment below with your feedback on any restaurants that you have visited or share photos and a review in the Facebook group Restaurant Club Israel.