News from the Israel Food & Wine scene for July.
Summer is in full swing and restaurants are heaving with tourists who are finally back and exploring the best that the Israel food scene has to offer. New kosher restaurants this month include a BBQ meat restaurant in Haifa and a dairy fish restaurant in Shuk HaCarmel. Among the non-kosher openings are a rooftop bar in Gedera, a tapas restaurant in downtown Haifa and a Japanese Izakaya cocktail bar in Tel Aviv.
There are also lots of food and drinks festivals taking place all over the country so it is a perfect time to go and try the best that the Israeli culinary scene has to offer!
Please let us all know if you try any new or interesting restaurants by sharing your feedback on Restaurant Club Israel or Restaurant Club Jerusalem.
Kosher Restaurant News
- Barel is a restaurant and bar in Rishon LeZion with a dairy menu that includes salads, pasta, arancini, and pizza.
- Bobe has opened a new branch on King George Street in Tel Aviv. The restaurant serves traditional Jewish dishes inside a challah roll. The original branch is in Shuk HaTzafon and another branch is due to open in Azrieli Center.
- Mangal is a barbeque restaurant in Haifa from the owners of Zafririm 1. The simple menu has three sections, BBQ meats, BBQ vegetables and BBQ fish.
- Miss Brown by Amit Reubinoff patisserie has opened a store in Nahalat Shiva in Jerusalem.
- Mulan Patisserie is a cafe and patisserie in Givat Yoav in the Golan.
- Ola Ola is a fish and dairy restaurant in Shuk HaCarmel in Tel Aviv, by Chef Shaked Pahima, the owner of Doha.
Not Kosher Restaurant News
- Amana Food Truck has opened two new trucks in Hod Hasharon, following the success of their food trucks in Even Yehuda. One truck serves meat-filled pita and the other one is dairy.
- Basilika is a Neopolitan pizza restaurant in Ashkelon.
- Chez Chantal is a local French cafe on Mikve Israel Street in Tel Aviv, serving authentic croissants, pastries and baguette sandwiches.
- Coco Beach is a Thai restaurant next to Coco Thai on Frishman Beach in Tel Aviv. The restaurant is open all day and includes live performances.
- Drexler is a street-food stand in Shuk HaCarmel by Benny Drexler, serving grilled meat in Yeminite Saluf bread.
- Front by Reviva & Celia is a summer bar of the restaurant of the same name, serving cocktails and summer bites.
- Greco Beach is a new branch of the Greek restaurant chain, on Royal Beach Promenade in Eilat.
- Kilometrage is the restaurant in the Brown Brut Hotel in Tel Aviv, by Chef Idan Bushari aka Pompia. Bushari was the winner of the TV show Israel’s Next Restaurant and previously worked as a chef for the Machneyuda Group.
- Lear Rooftop is a bar on the roof of the Lear Sense Hotel in Gedera which is only open on Wednesday and Thursday evenings.
- Onyx is a tapas restaurant and bar in Downtown Haifa with an eclectic menu, including Indian pani puri, wasabi shrimps, and Vitello Tonnato, a classic Italian dish of veal and tuna.
- Paseo is a lounge bar and restaurant overlooking the beach in Rishon LeZion.
- Shibuya is a Japanese Izakaya Cocktail bar and restaurant on Haarba Street in Tel Aviv serving sashimi, tataki, shrimp tempura, and other Japanese food. It is owned by Shai & Akiko Ben Zvi who previously owned Akiko Restaurant in Sarona.
- The Greek is the second brand of Greek mezze bar in Bezalel Market in Tel Aviv by Asher Havivi. The first branch is in Carmel Market.
- Trés Jolie is a patisserie in Beer Sheva by pastry chef Moran Tabib-Zada.
- Yossef is a new wine bar on Yirmiayhu Street in Tel Aviv by Chef Yossef Shitrit (not the TV chef Yossi Shitrit) who used to own the restaurant David & Yossef with Chef Dudu Elmakayes.
Other Israel Foodie News
- Cremerie De L’eclair is opening a kosher branch in Givat Shmuel.
- Mashav Food Trucks has reopened for the summer. The trucks serve hamburgers, pizza, and tacos and are all kosher.
- Moran Gil patisserie on Allenby in Tel Aviv now has Tzohar kashrut.
- Poupee bar and restaurant in Tel Aviv is now kosher and Chef Aviv Moshe has taken over the kitchen. I hope this combination succeeds as this restaurant has had a series of problems since it first opened a few years ago.
Drink & Foodie Israel Events
- AutoOchel, AmphiBagai, Jerusalem, every Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday, 6-11 pm, July & August 2022. The selection of food trucks changes weekly so check their page for updates.
- Jerusalem Beer Festival, Gan HaAtzamaut, 6 – 7 July 2022.
- Vinum TLV, Kikar Givon, Tel Aviv, 13 – 14 July 2022 – wine, food, and music festival, free entry. Four tastings for NIS 89, four tastings, and a cheese platter for NIS 99.
- Bein HaCramim Festival (Among the Vineyards), Merom HaGalil, 11-18 August 2022 – live concert and wine tastings.
- Cocktail Festival, Herzliya Marina, 17 – 18 August 2022 – NIS 105 in advance, NIS 135 on the door. Tickets include three full cocktails.
- Jerusalem Cocktail Festival, First Station, 24-25 August 2022, free entry.
Follow Debbest on Facebook, Instagram, and subscribe to this newsletter to receive regular updates on the Israel Food scene. Click here to read previous Foodie Israel monthly roundups.
Categories: Monthly Roundup
Leave a Reply