News and Reviews from the Israel Foodie Scene.
With restaurants being closed for two months, there was no Israel foodie news to report. But as things have started to reopen, there have also been some new restaurant openings. Sadly there are also some closings to report and there will probably be more to follow.
Golda Ice Cream has opened a new branch on Agripas. If you haven’t tried it yet, check out the dairy-free chocolate ice cream!
Pepito’s Latin Street Food in Jerusalem has moved from inside the shuk to 117 Agripas Street.
Rak Kacha (Just Like That) is a restaurant in Rishon Le Zion from Instagram Chef Rotem Ben Moyal. The menu features meat street food dishes in pita or challah rolls with interesting combinations like schnitzel and Scotch egg sandwich.
Gana is a new cafe in Gan Habonim in Givatayim. The simple menu includes sandwiches, cakes and cookies.
Mabali is a Malabi store in Ramat Gan. As well as the traditional Malabi, there is also a Chai Masala flavor and a vegan citrus option. Online order and delivery is available to Ramat Gan, Tel Aviv and Givatayim.
Nono Mini is a branch of Nono Italian restaurant in Oppenheimer Center in Ramat Aviv.
- Falafel Mula on the corner of Beit Yaakov and Agripas in Jerusalem has been replaced by a flower shop.
- Gourmandises by Yoel in Kikar HaMusica in Jerusalem has closed the restaurant but they are still offering catering services and will soon arrange cooking workshops.
- Bino BePita on Rothschild, Tel Aviv.
- Hanoi, an Asian restaurant in central Tel Aviv.
- Igra Rama, a local bistro in central Tel Aviv.
- L28 Culinary Platform was set up to help launch the careers of young chefs.
- Sultana Vegan BBQ in Tel Aviv.
- Ya Pan from the owner of Taizu.
- &moshik the two Michelin star restaurant by Chef Moshik Roth in Amsterdam.
Other Israel Foodie News
- Rutenberg (Not Kosher) in Gesher, just South of the Kinneret, has moved the entire restaurant into the garden so people can dine outdoors.
- Cafe Gan Sipur branches around the country are offering picnic baskets for people to eat in the park. Some branches are kosher and some are not.
- Whale (Not Kosher) restaurant in the Herods Palace Hotel in Eilat has become a burger restaurant.
- Hamitbahon Food Truck complex has returned to the Rose Garden opposite the Knesset. This month’s trucks feature food from Angelica, Sushi Rehavia and Rachel BeSdera. Follow the Hamitbahon for updates.
- Salute Wine Festival 2020 – 1-2 July 2020. Tickets are NIS 70 or NIS 55 for students and soldiers, click here to buy tickets.
- Cocktail Festival, Marina Herzliya Pituach: 22-23 July 2020
- Succot Wine Festival, Tel Aviv: 7-8 October 2020
- OpenRestaurants, Jerusalem: 17–21 November 2020
- Terravino Wine Competition: November 2020
- Top Israeli Chefs Bring Their Food to Your Table
- Top 10 Burgers in Jerusalem
- Support Now & Save Later – Corona Restaurant Vouchers
- Jerusalem Stay Home Food Shopping Guide
- Restaurant Delivery in Jerusalem
Categories: Monthly Roundup