News and Reviews from the Israel Foodie Scene.
With restaurants being closed for two months, there was no Israel foodie news to report. But as things have started to reopen, there have also been some new restaurant openings. Sadly there are also some closings to report and there will probably be more to follow.
Golda Ice Cream has opened a new branch on Agripas. If you haven’t tried it yet, check out the dairy-free chocolate ice cream!
Pepito’s Latin Street Food in Jerusalem has moved from inside the shuk to 117 Agripas Street.
Zotti is a new restaurant in Kibbutz Kiryat Anavim by Chef Adar Kaplan-Mor. The restaurant features produce from local wineries, fermenters, breweries, dairies and farmers.
Rak Kacha (Just Like That) is a restaurant in Rishon Le Zion from Instagram Chef Rotem Ben Moyal. The menu features meat street food dishes in pita or challah rolls with interesting combinations like schnitzel and Scotch egg sandwich.
Hashmonaim 99 took over from Balkan on Hashmonaim in Tel Aviv. As well as the restaurant menu, there is also ready-made food for take-away and they have online orders for delivery.
Jango is a burger restaurant from Chef Tom Aviv in Rishon Le Zion. Orders can be made on Wolt or 10bis.
Gana is a new cafe in Gan Habonim in Givatayim. The simple menu includes sandwiches, cakes and cookies.
Caffe Yaffo is no longer kosher and has a new menu which includes burgers, schnitzel and pizza. Full menu and online delivery here.
Brezza is a pizzeria near Dizengoff Center in Tel Aviv. Here is the Brezza English menu and delivery is available via 10 Bis.
Delicatessen in Tel Aviv opened a new branch in North Tel Aviv. The deli stocks a range of baked goods from its sister shop Bakery. Goods can be ordered online and collected from the store.
Deli by Greco is a new delicatessen from the owners of Greco restaurant in the Greenberg complex in Tel Aviv. Delivery is available via Wolt.
Mabali is a Malabi store in Ramat Gan. As well as the traditional Malabi, there is also a Chai Masala flavor and a vegan citrus option. Online order and delivery is available to Ramat Gan, Tel Aviv and Givatayim.
Nono Mini is a branch of Nono Italian restaurant in Oppenheimer Center in Ramat Aviv.
4 Sea is a sushi bar and restaurant in Herzliya Pituach, next to the Daniel Hotel. 20% discount during the opening trial period.
- Falafel Mula on the corner of Beit Yaakov and Agripas in Jerusalem has been replaced by a flower shop.
- Gourmandises by Yoel in Kikar HaMusica in Jerusalem has closed the restaurant but they are still offering catering services and will soon arrange cooking workshops.
- Bino BePita on Rothschild, Tel Aviv.
- Hanoi, an Asian restaurant in central Tel Aviv.
- Igra Rama, a local bistro in central Tel Aviv.
- L28 Culinary Platform was set up to help launch the careers of young chefs.
- Sultana Vegan BBQ in Tel Aviv.
- Ya Pan from the owner of Taizu.
- &moshik the two Michelin star restaurant by Chef Moshik Roth in Amsterdam.
Other Israel Foodie News
- Rutenberg (Not Kosher) in Gesher, just South of the Kinneret, has moved the entire restaurant into the garden so people can dine outdoors.
- Cafe Gan Sipur branches around the country are offering picnic baskets for people to eat in the park. Some branches are kosher and some are not.
- Whale (Not Kosher) restaurant in the Herods Palace Hotel in Eilat has become a burger restaurant.
- Hamitbahon Food Truck complex has returned to the Rose Garden opposite the Knesset. This month’s trucks feature food from Angelica, Sushi Rehavia and Rachel BeSdera. Follow the Hamitbahon for updates.
- Salute Wine Festival 2020 – 1-2 July 2020. Tickets are NIS 70 or NIS 55 for students and soldiers, click here to buy tickets.
- Cocktail Festival, Marina Herzliya Pituach: 22-23 July 2020
- Succot Wine Festival, Tel Aviv: 7-8 October 2020
- OpenRestaurants, Jerusalem: 17–21 November 2020
- Terravino Wine Competition: November 2020
- Top Israeli Chefs Bring Their Food to Your Table
- Top 10 Burgers in Jerusalem
- Support Now & Save Later – Corona Restaurant Vouchers
- Jerusalem Stay Home Food Shopping Guide
- Restaurant Delivery in Jerusalem
To read previous monthly roundups, click here and subscribe to my newsletter to receive updates by email.
Categories: Monthly Roundup
Leave a Reply